Tuesday, December 3, 2013

$1,000,000 Idea Speech: Exploring Your Passions


EXERCISE ONE: EXPLORING YOUR PASSIONS

1.      Animals: I am an animal lover. I have three dogs at home than I adore more than anything, which is where a lot of my passion comes from. With one million dollars, an organizational charity such as the International Fund for Animal Welfare would be able to rescue so many beautiful animals. I love the idea of donating a large portion of money to benefit helpless animals, and I believe it would make a great difference in preventing animal cruelty, and protecting animals all over the globe.

2.      Volleyball: I am a gym rat. I have been playing volleyball since I was in fourth grade. I am addicted to the sport, and it has been a huge part of my life. Volleyball was always that positive aspect in an otherwise bad day. I loved my team, and I loved the game; with volleyball, everything was good. With one million dollars, I would love to start my own club volleyball program that charged little to no cost for the entry of the club. Volleyball is an expensive sport, and I would love to reach out and grab those girls that cannot afford to play for a high end club. Volleyball should never be denied to anybody, so forming a non-profit club would be an amazing way to give my money to something that I am crazy in love with, and hopefully other girls can fall in love too.

3.     Medicine: Ever since my middle school years, I have wanted to be in a career that involved medicine. Though I haven’t figured out my exact career plan, I know that it will involve helping people in a hospital setting. My family has a long history of cancer, so it is a disease that hits very close to home which is why with one million dollars, I would love to donate all of it to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital in Edina, Minnesota. St. Jude’s is an absolutely wonderful gift to families with cancer and other catastrophic illnesses. St. Jude’s does not charge the family to treat the child, and is able to do this through donations. It costs about 1.8 million dollars to keep the hospital open for a day, and if I could be a part of that, it would truly bring me happiness.

 

I have chosen to write my Million Dollar Speech on St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment