Thursday, October 3, 2013

Notes City: In Class Business

Just got done playing the name game. Rob still doesn't know our names, so there's that. Apparently he has a niece named Emily, but it doesn't seem to be working...

I miss Alex today. :( I wish she wasn't so sickly and dying, but what do you do?!


There is a wholeeeeee bunch of jibberish written on the board, and I don't quite know where to start with it, so I may or may not write everything down. Apparently it is the rubric for our next speech? Yikes...

-How to prepare a speech.
-How to speak in public.
-How to communicate.

Tell them, tell them, and tell them again!

Include an audio/visual element. Use media!

Direct quotes need a source to go with them.

PASSION!

Do not end with "that's about it..."

What is cognative dissonance? I don't know why that is on the board, but it is fairly wonky and not very clear.

FEAR. Yeah this makes sense. I am TERRIFIED to get up in front of the class. The name game was stressful enough! As a pathologist, I want to mostly work as a coroner with dead people...they don't talk, and I like it that way.

There needs to be a definite beginning, middle, and end. 

HEY! I think I get bonus points for knowing everybody's names! BINGO! :)

MATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

RUBRIC:
-Wear something sassy. Nothing more, nothing less. <3
-50 XP
-Make up own rubric with information from the board
    **Something about compassion?
    **Look in Chapter 14 for guidelines
    **Topic can basically be about anything. I think I might talk     about my best friend Salann. Maybe include the story of how       we came to be. It's kind of interesting? I have a lot of         pictures.I COULD MAKE A SLIDESHOW! Cool.
    
Cognitive Dissonance: the anxiety that occurs when you are having opposing thoughts or attitudes. Ex: Hey, I really like you, but I don't like that you get "ripped" every single night. (Rob Quote)

Rob is now asking us loaded questions so I need to go...BYE.







No comments:

Post a Comment