Thursday, November 14, 2013

Good and Bad Converstaions


Write a short paragraph about a time when you had a really bad conversation with a person, or a really good conversation with a person.
-A bad conversation that really stands out to me, is when the topic of gay marriage came up with my friend Matt and I. I am extremely supportive of same sex marriages, and I know many people that are gay or lesbian. I believe in love, whatever that may consist of; Matt does not. He was saying things that upset me, and actually offended me. We still can't bring that up without there being hard feelings. I ended up leaving that conversation by storming away from the table. Not good.

Explain why the conversation was really bad, and what you could do to improve the conversation. If it was a good conversation, explain what made the conversation so good.
        
-That situation would be hard to better. Matt is an extremely stubborn person, and when I have a topic I am passionate about, I am also. I am an advocate for love, and when people don't understand that, I become rattled. I think it would have been better if we wouldn't have talked about it all, and left it at that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment