Thursday, November 14, 2013

Relationship Characteristics


What do you look for in a romantic relationship? Why are these characteristics important to you? What kind of lover do you consider yourself? (Eros, Ludus, Storge, Pragma, Mania, Agape) 
-In romantic relationships, I need somebody with similar interests as me, but is not attached to my hip. I need somebody who can hold their own, and understands that I need my space. I have been dating my boyfriend Christian for three and a half years, and he pretty much gets it. We don't have to be around each other constantly, but we want to be. It doesn't hurt that he is a tattooed baseball player...what?? 
-I would consider myself a Storge lover. I love the idea of a friendship and romance; that my partner is not only a lover but a best friend as well.

What do you look for in a friendship? What kind of a friend do you consider yourself? Give an example in your life of each of the types of friendships. (Reciprocity, Receptivity, Association)
-I just like somebody who I don't have to talk to communicate with. I love being able to sit in silence with somebody. This being said, I also have moments where I need to have that one on one talking time with a friend. I need somebody who I can trust, and truly has my best interest at heart. I like to think of myself as a friend of reciprocity. I like the equality on both parts.
-Reciprocity: my friend Salann. She is ultimately my best friend, and I always feel that we equally contribute to the friendship. When we are giving the other a present, like for Christmas, we always put extra effort in with a homemade craft to show the importance of the other.
-Receptivity: my volleyball coach and all of the players. She is putting in effort to better all of us players. Yes we put in effort, but Dana is in charge of all of us, and ultimately she gives up her life to watch us succeed.
-Association: this would be a friend from work, or from class. I don't necessarily hang out with them, but we always speak when we see each other, and we can hold a conversation.
         

        

No comments:

Post a Comment