Sunday, November 3, 2013

Interpersonal and Small Group Conflict


How would you honestly like to react to verbal aggressiveness?
Verbal aggression sets me off. When somebody goes off on me my honest response is that I want to slap them and walk away. I don't internally react well to aggression, so I automatically assume the worst and react in a very negative way.

What do you usually do instead?
Instead of going off the deep end, I usually try to remain calm and not say anything until I know something vile won't come out of my mouth. From there, it really depends on what is being said to me. Sometimes I just agree and say "okay" to get the argument over, sometimes I understand where the aggression is coming from and try to compromise, sometimes I come up with a new solution to a problem, and other times I just stop and cry out of frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment