Sunday, November 3, 2013

Harassment-Extra Credit


What would you do if you just got hired and your new boss approached you and verbally sexually harassed you, but if you told anyone you would lose your job?
      At first I would probably be too embarrassed and shocked to understand what happened. After I analyzed the situation, I would come to the conclusion that no job is worth being humiliated for, and I would report him. Chances are I would not have been the only victim of the harassment, and maybe it would trigger more reports. Losing the job would be a tough loss, but there is no tolerance for sexual harassment in the work place.

\

This is not a simple question; you need to think of the overall consequences. You are new to the job, so would anyone believe you? Would you directly approach your new boss? Would you even tell anyone? How would you feel? Would you quit?
Seeing as I would be new to the job, I would hope that people would see that I have no reason to sabotage my boss's career. I would probably approach a colleague of higher authority to discuss what I should do. I wouldn't be able to approach my boss seeing as he is a threat. I would be completely embarrassed, and would probably end up quitting the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment